function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alliswellalliswell 

Apex Email Service and .XLSX

Hi All,

I have been trying to figure out ways to process a .XLSX email attachment and push those information in fields across SFDC custom objects via Apex Email Service. 

Based on what I have read, it simply can't be done via Apex Email Service. To utilize Apex Email Service, either an attachment has to be .CSV format file OR the information should be provided in an email via HTML based content.

* Does it still hold true? If it does, what are the alternatives to process the .XLSX attachment and push it's data to SFDC object?

* Are there any particular links to blog post or documentation regarding the Apex Email service to process .CSV file?

Thank you :)

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

its not specific to csv only it may any application type mime . and the documentation is saying that Examples of binary attachments include image, audio, application, and video files. So according to my understanding xlsx is also an application type and it will support.

yes there is a way that you can parse csv using apex.. please find the help here
http://www.forcetree.com/2010/08/read-and-insert-records-from-csv-file.html

alliswellalliswell

Thanks Kiran :)

So we can't process .XLSX file yet then? If not Apex Email Service, what can be an alternative to Apex Email Service to Automate the process of uploading rows of data from .XLSX to SFDC custom objects?