function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gupta.VishalGupta.Vishal 

Not able to get Campaign id which is in Web to lead form in after insert trigger in Lead !

Hi All ,

I have a web to lead form with Campaign_ID in it as hidden field so that we can associate that Lead with Campaign .

We have an After Insert trigger on Lead which Checks whether the Inserted lead is duplicate, if  it is duplicate it update the existing lead and Deletes the newly inserted Lead .

The problem is that I am not able to fetch Campaign_ID in my trigger from Web to lead form  to add the Campaign in Campaign history of existing Lead.

The Campaign Member object Doesn't have an entry for the inserted Lead till the After Insert fires so couldn't get it .

Any Help Any Click is highly Appreciated .

Thanks

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
Can you verify if you have campaignId field's id mapped correctly on web 2 lead form?
Gupta.VishalGupta.Vishal

Hi TechForce ,

Thanks for your reply !!

The problem is that there is no field like Campaign_ID on the lead object , but when you choose Campaign to be on the Web to lead Form it shows

<label for="Campaign_ID">Campaign</label>

<select  id="Campaign_ID" name="Campaign_ID"><option value="">--None--</option><option value="701d0000000YipN">GC Product Webinar - Jan 7, 2002</option>
<option value="701d0000000YipO">User Conference - Jun 17-19, 2002</option>
<option value="701d0000000YipP">DM Campaign to Top Customers - Nov 12-23, 2001</option>
<option value="701d0000000YipQ">International Electrical Engineers Association Trade Show - Mar 4-5, 2002</option>
</select>

Means it is associating the  campaign with Campaign_ID  . but there is no field on the lead for  campaign so I am not able to get this Id in the trigger ???

Any clicks ??