function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JesseAJesseA 

Trigger.New and Trigger.Old have same value

I have an After Update trigger which calls 4 different handler functions. Before the first function runs the value of a field between the trigger.new and trigger.old are different, that was the field being updates. But after the first function runs both the trigger.new and trigger.old value are the same. So I can't detect the chaned in another class.

So in that first function there are a few things that are done and it can update some child objects. After that the trigger.new and trigger.old list values for this field are the same. So is updating a child record updating the parent such that the new/old value for the next handlers are then based off that child update?

Avidev9Avidev9

Make sure that you are not modifying the passed reference of Trigger.new. SInce the values are passed by reference any changes will be reflected in the original trigger.new

JesseAJesseA

Yeah I check that. Thing is what is "changing" is the trigger.old value. I didn't think it was possible to change that. But I guess I'm not changing it, just that when it comes back to the next handler function by then somehow the trigger.old list is updated or refreshed.