function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JohnDTheMavenJohnDTheMaven 

Summer13 bug: VisualForce page fails when accessing Apex Property with ID datatype

Has anyone seen an issue in Summer13 sandboxes where a VisualForce page will fail when it accesses an Apex Property with the datatype of "ID"?

The error message that I am getting is "java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to lib.id.ID".  The debug logs do not show any error at all.

This error was first noticed on Monday, May 13 in a Summer13 sandbox.  The specific code was created last summer (July 2012) and we have had no issue with it.  The same code is working correctly in Spring13 orgs.

The issue appears to be related to Summer '13 now working always with 18 char IDs. This can cause code issues.

bwatsonbwatson

I am also receiving the same error - when trying to e-mail out a VisualForce component. I'm setting an Apex Propertly, acctId, in the e-mail template as {!relatedTo.Id}, which had been working fine up until Friday.

I talked to Salesforce Support yesterday, and they said they were aware and actively working on the issue. I have been unable to find this specific case on the Known Issues page, however, unless it is just related to the 18 character ID change.