function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sourabh TayalSourabh Tayal 

Time Dependent work flow

Hi

i have created a custom objects and in custom objects i have created one custom field Domain Date of Date types.  here i write a workflow rules on custom objects on which rule crietaria is " Domain date not equal to null".  in workfolw action i select time dependent actions in which i select  the " task create on before 3 from Domain Date".

now when i create a record in which fill the domain date value with 25 July 2013.  now the task should be create immediately but the task  creates after 20 or 25 minutes.

What's the problem.

Thanks

Sourabh

Pensa Media

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Duplicate post:

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Time-Dependent-Trigger-Issue/m-p/654027#M98138

Time dependendent actions are queued and executed in batches. I guess this is the reason for the delay.

From the Docs:

If a workflow rule has a time trigger set for a time in the past, Salesforce queues the associated time-dependent actions to execute sometime within the hour, depending on system usage. For example, if a workflow rule on opportunities is configured to update a field seven days before the close date, and you create an opportunity record with the close date set to today, Salesforce updates the field within an hour after you create the opportunity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Satish Kumar