function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RSTRST 

How can we upload data while refreshing sandboxes.

Hi,

Is it possible to upload the data when we are refreshing one sandbox to other

i.e when i'm refreshing my one sandbox to other then all the data from should move from one sandbox to another sandbox.

If possible then what are different ways to acheive this like through data loader or any Apex code for loading test data into sandboxes as a part of the refresh process

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The Sandbox will be pre-loaded with data from the production organization (if configured/allowed to do so). To reload the existing Sandbox data, you'll have to export the data, refresh the Sandbox, activate the Sandbox, then upload the data back in. This may be a non-trivial process, since the upload will necessarily replace old ID values with new ID values, so each table that's loaded will result in a new set of ID values that have to be matched. For an expert data migrator, this will pose only a small challenge (but it is nevertheless time-consuming), while an "average" administrator will probably struggle to get the process down, although after a few passes, they should quickly become an expert at the process. You can initially expect to take about 1 hour per object to load, including the time necessary to replace ID values as each load occurs; by the time you're an expert, it should take ten minutes or less per object (depending on the number of rows, of course).

Yoganand GadekarYoganand Gadekar

It depends on the type of sandbox you are creating, if you are creating full copy sandbox then it will copy all your data (only some history data can be skipped that depends on your selection)

If you have configuration only or developer sandbox then your data will not be copied(user's will be be created)

Thanks,