function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jbarraza@rocketlawyerjbarraza@rocketlawyer 

Monitoring APEX Async Operation requests?

We are experiencing issues with our APEX components where we are routinely running into issues with exceeding our API AsyncOperations.  The errorrs we get are the following:

caused by: System.AsyncException: Rate Limiting Exception : AsyncApexExecutions Limit exceeded.

Are there any tools out there that would allow us to see who and what is making all these Async calls.  I've tried using the Apex Jobs monitoring tool in SFDC but I think the Async jobs that are listed in this tool are the Async jobs that have been successfully submitted to the system AND NOT the total # of requests that have been made. If we were able to see how many total requests are being made, then I think we should be able zero in on the offending class and object.

Any suggestions?

SForceBeWithYouSForceBeWithYou

Your best best is going to be Debug Logs, which require you to know which user you want to monitor, and only getting 20 logs per request.  This unfortunately may require camping on the Debug Logs browser page and/or hitting the "Reset" URL's for some users constantly, and filtering through the wreckage later (in my experience).

Is there a recommended log level that we should be using?  The default is set to no filters meaning we should be getting all possible information in the logs, correct?

And follow up question.  How does SFDC count "Async Operations".  SFDC states the following:

"The maximum number of batch Apex method executions per a 24-hour period is 250,000 or the number of user licenses in your organization multiplied by 200, whichever is greater. Method executions include executions of the startexecute, and finish methods. "

I'm trying to understand what that last statement means and how SFDC tallies up "apex method executions".  We processs about 30K records daily and a bulk of that processing, correct or incorrect, is done by @future.  Given that we process, i.e. insert or update, about 30K records daily, would my Async Operations total be 30K OR is the total number a multiple of 30K, meaning it's (30K) * (# of operations it takes to execute Async APEX method)?

Thanks!

Harjeet Singh 13Harjeet Singh 13
Hi, 

I dont know whether this thread is still or not but I am working on close to similar.
I want to send an alert notification when overall organisation Async Apex Execution (24hrs Api limit) limit reached 70%of total limit. Say if limit is 2500 and if system already exhausted 1750 of daily Async Apex Limit out of 2500 then an alert should be send to few persons notifying that your organisation limit of Async Apex Executions have reached 70% threshold.

Kindly help me. 

Many thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,
Harjeet
Bryce Russell 10Bryce Russell 10
This would also be very useful for our org, are there any tools or alerts we can set up if we're approaching our Async Apex Exception limit? 

Thank you,
Bryce