function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Will_SladeWill_Slade 

InboundEmailHandler method naming issue (strange)

Hello,

I have an Apex class that processes inbound email and creates cases.  Suddenly it started failing in our 2 full sandbox orgs, but continues to work in production with the same code.  The error is as follows:

The method: handleInboundEmail(Messaging.InboundEmail, Messaging.InboundEnvelope) was not found in the class.

I traced it down to this issue:

global virtual Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInBoundEmail(Messaging.InboundEmail email, Messaging.InboundEnvelope envelope) 

See how in the name of the method the 'B' in InBound is capitalized.  Everything compiles fine and the email service accepts the class, but when it comes time to process the inbound message I get the above error.  The strange part is we can't trace it back to a specific event in our sandboxes where this started failing, and it continues to work correctly in production even with the capital B.  I am nervous to deploy the correction as I fear I may actually break it instead (even though changing it to a lower b in the sandboxes fixes the issue there).  I am also nervous to not deploy it as it may suddenly stop working as our sandboxes did.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks,

Will 

Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc

This has all the earmarks of a bug. Have you raised this to developer support? 

Will_SladeWill_Slade

Unfortunately we do not have developer support at our service level