function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kiran ravikiran ravi 

unable to automatically step into the server.

hi,

Im integrating asp.net with salesforce, while debugging i got an error.please help me. how i can overcome this.

The error is :

"unable to automatically step into the server.connecting to the server machine 'login.salesforce.com failed.The debugger cannot connect to the remote computer.This may be because the remote computer does not exist or a firewall may be preventing communication to remote server"

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

1. Please see whether you have appended security token with the password while logging in.

2. Go to the user record(of the user that you are using to login from dotnet) in salesforce.com browser and see the login history at the bottom of hte page. This may give you more meaningful message on whether ur dotnet login is able to come upto salesforce and failed, or it did not even reach salesforce.

3. Please make sure the user used for login is API enabled.(it is a checkbox in user record).

Best Regards

kiran ravikiran ravi
Thank you sir,
In login history i found that browser=.net .but it was not login into salesforce. Actually for developer accounts api is set as enable by default.please tell me the process to overcome the above error.please help me im very new to salesforce
Rama ReddyRama Reddy

I am also having same issue here. I checked your steps and I could see the login attempt with success status in the log history. Still I am getting the error. Please let me know what might be the reason. Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance

Thanks

Rama

kiran ravikiran ravi

I didn't get any solution. but at last i thought its a error not from salesforce. it is from .net application . i.e, because we didn't  connected remote debugger to our application.still im getting same error.

If you found any solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance