function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
subbu123.pbt@gmail.comsubbu123.pbt@gmail.com 

Workflows Rules

i know the functional way of using workflow and trigger . but i want Real time scenarios of workflows like field update , email alert , task assign , outbound messages. and on which scenarios not possible work with workflow and which is possible withTriggers. i faced this every day , can any one explain with sutable examples plz ..............
souvik9086souvik9086

Not Possible with workflow - You cannot update related field data through workflows which is possible through triggers.

Also through trigger we can insert/update data to any object whereas through workflow we can do that only in that particular object.

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks

That's fine ..........
what is email alert , task assign
souvik9086souvik9086

They are some events firing like some Email alert will go to the User or anu\yone if that rule criteria will be met.

Similarly some task will be assigned to some one. Based on the requirement.

If the post is helpful throw KUDOS. It it solves your problem please accept it as solution.

Thanks

I know that souvik , my confusion is when is not possible work with workflows like email alert, task assign, and when that is possible with trigger. that is want exactly .........