function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
raju123raju123 

Frequently changing picklist values

Hi All,

Please give me solution for my Requirement.

Requirement:

In our project....Picklist values in objects are changing frequently. Might be weekly once. More than 800 picklist values are there in our objects. But Updating them manually  and update the related records is difficult process for every week.

So is there any solution for this and Is there any way to do with any middleware .

Please give me solution. Thanks in advance

raju123raju123

Any one please respond for this. its an urgent task...Thans again

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Though manual, i would suggest you use the replace method to update picklist values as this will automatically update records that have the old picklist value with the new one:

Reference:

http://starrforce.com/2013/01/salesforce-best-practice-modifying-salesforce-picklist-values/

"Another option is to create a new value and then globally replace an existing value. This is handy when combining values or if you want to keep your report filters intact using new or existing values.

When viewing the picklist values of a Salesforce field, use the “Replace” button and enter the value you want to replace. Then select the value to replace it with. You will need to have any new values added before replacing existing values.

This is a global change and will replace the picklist value for all existing records, including records in the recycle bin. Also, this will update the Modified By date and time for all records where the value was replaced."

raju123raju123

But....We have an object  with 4 picklist fields 800 values each  and  we have to update 2 objects. but these many times Replacing values manually is difficult