function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
newbie_amritnewbie_amrit 

Using Ant to Refresh Production

I need to refresh my Production environment on a fortnightly basis from a full copy sandbox.  My org has 2 full copy sandboxes. In one all the changes will be done and thoroughly tested. These changes will be then migrated to the second full copy sandbox, as and when the testing gets completed. Then, on a fortnightly basis , second full copy sandbox shoud refresh the production environment. Can this functionality be achieved ? If yes, then how ?

Need you help....

jordi vosjordi vos

Hi newbiw_amrit,

First of all I'll point you towards: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/daas/salesforce_migration_guide.pdf

This contains a lot of information about deployments using antscripts.

We are using antscripts to deploy on my current project and it works like a charm(outside the fact that the code coverage using antscripts seems to be lower than what Salesforce tells me).

I don't have the info how you are going to set this up(what servers you have etc.) but I can tell you how we have set this up.

We are using an amazon virtual machine mainly as a Service-bus. We also use this to run our ant-scripts on.

We're using two batchsripts to create the package and deploy the package. These scripts use a variable which points towards a certain config file to use(ant).

What I have to do to deploy: Run the createPackage < source environment>.

Copy a created directory in a configfile for the destination environment.

run the deployPackage <destination environment.

This could be automated by usage of the windows scheduler(we make daily backups this way).

I hope this points you in the right direction.