function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kondal Rao learnerKondal Rao learner 

Searching duplicate records in visual force page

Hi Experts,

My question is that i want to find  duplicate records on my vf page , for example there are two boxes are there like id and name and one button called sumbit , so when i enter id and name in thoes boxes when i click on that submit button it has to find out the duplicate records, please give me interms of sample code .

Thanks in advace

All Answers

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Aditya, 

What is the Object (Standard or Custom) that you are looking for to find the duplicate records?

Id would be Salesforce Id and if you enter that id in the Filter criteria it would return only that one result which is unique for that record. 

Regards,

Ashish

Kondal Rao learnerKondal Rao learner

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the help its was very usefull to me as well as the people who are new to salesforce and i have one more doudt like why we use ASSIGNMENT RULES AND AUTORESPONCE RULES IN ESCALATION RULES I WANT A EXACT USEAGE IN REAL TIME PLEASE.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Aditya, 

It is not necessary to use Assignment and Autoresponse rules during Escalation process. 

Assignment rules is a auto function to Assign the record to a particular user or queue based on certain criteria on the record saving. 

Autoresponse rules is like notifying the default lead owner that a lead has been created and assigned to the Default owner. 

However, in Salesforce we may use differnt functions and features required for our Business process. 

See the link for Escalation rules: http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/creating_escalation_rules.htm

Regards,

Ashish