function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abinayaabinaya 

Error message in standard detail page.

Hi,

I have a requirement object and in that i have a status picklist which contains 4 status.

If the status is reopen, then the no.of resumes in the requirement object should be 0. And if the no.of resumes is 0, then an error message should be thrown like "enter the no. of resumes".

I am updating few other fields based on the reopen status in a trigger. So I am updating no.of resumes to 0 in that trigger and created a validation rule in requirement object like

if (no.of resumes == 0, true, false)
error message : enter the no.of resumes.

But the error message is throwing whenever i have mentioned no.of resumes greater than 0 (i.e 1).

Kindly advice.

souvik9086souvik9086

Create a validation rule like this

no.of resumes = 0

By this it is 0, then the error will be thrown. 

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks

Puja_mfsiPuja_mfsi

Hi,

Your validation rule looks good.I think something happens in your trigger.May be your trigger put the value '0' in the No.of resume field internally.that's why u got the error when u enter value greater than 0.

Please let me know if u have any probelm on same and if this post helps u please throw KUDOS by click on star at left.

abinayaabinaya

is there any other way to resolve this issue?

Grazitti InteractiveGrazitti Interactive

Hi,

There is no need to use if block, use simple validation rule as follow -

no.of resumes <1

-It must work correctly. If yet problem occures then please debug the value of this field and make sure that It is 0.

/*if this post helps u please throw KUDOS by click on star at left*/

Thanks

www.grazitti.com

souvik9086souvik9086

Check the order of execution of the trigger. Validation rules will be fired before the trigger insert/update.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm

So in your case validation rules are getting fired before the trigger update.