function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LKozakewyczLKozakewycz 

SignupRequest API - new record, what next?

We are trying to create trial organizations via the SignupRequest API. The documentation on this seems to be lacking hugely.

We have created a SignupRequest record without any error codes... the status is set to "New". What is meant to happen from this point? Nothing seems to be happening.

We are running this in a sandbox organization. Could this affect the outcome?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
LKozakewyczLKozakewycz
I found the problem. The API does not work in sandbox organizations.

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

Sorry, I don't understand what are you referring by "outcome".

When creating trial organizations (or signups) using a web form, there’s no way to customize the signup process or track its status. Using the API, you can collect and analyze detailed information on all signups from your business organization. This gives you more control over the signup process, and enhanced visibility into your prospective customers. For example, you can:

• Run reports and collect metrics, such as the number of signups per day or the number of signups in different countries.
  • Customize the SignupRequest object to add fields of special interest to your company.
  • Create triggers to initiate specific actions, such as sending an email notification, whenever a new signup request is made.
  • Enable signups from a wide range of client applications and devices, so you have additional channels for customer acquisition.

Please refer following help document and the links included in this document:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=trialforce_signup_api_introduction.htm&language=en_US

LKozakewyczLKozakewycz
I found the problem. The API does not work in sandbox organizations.
This was selected as the best answer