function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zoom_VZoom_V 

Need some help with test code

I'm having trouble figuring out how to write test code for the following classes. They all seem very simple, but I'm a complete rookie to test code and am at a loss. I don't know if this will make sense to anybody but I wanted to see if I could get some help on these two classes :

public with sharing class Milestone1_TestProjectBuilder {

public Integer numberMilestones { get; set; }
    public Integer numberTasks {get; set; }

public void buildProject() {

Milestone1_Project__c newProject = Milestone1_Test_Utility.sampleProjectActive('Sample ' + Datetime.now());
        insert newProject;

for (Integer i=0; i < numberMilestones; i++) {
            Milestone1_Milestone__c ms = Milestone1_Test_Utility.sampleMilestone(newProject);
            insert ms;
            for (Integer j=0; j < numberTasks; j++) {
                Milestone1_Task__c task = Milestone1_Test_Utility.sampleTask(ms);
                insert task;

}
        }

}
}

and this one which are essentially just a field validation messages :

public with sharing class Milestone1_Move_Exception extends Exception{

public static final String ERROR_MILESTONE_ALREADY_ASSIGNED_PROJECT = 'A milestone you are attempting to move is already assigned to this project. Please review your selection and try again.';
    public static final String ERROR_TASK_ALREADY_ASSIGNED_MILESTONE = 'A task you are attempting to move is already assigned to this milestone. Please review your selection and try again.';
    public static final String ERROR_MILESTONE_COMPLETE = 'Milestone is Complete, the Task can not be moved';
    public static final String ERROR_MILESTONE_HAS_SUCCESSORS = 'Top Level Milestone has successors and cannot be moved.  Redirect those successors and try again.';
    public static final String ERROR_MILESTONE_HAS_PREDECESSOR = 'Top Level Milestone has predecessor and cannot be moved.  Remove that predecessor and try again.';

static testMethod void testConstants() 
    {
        //Just a place holder test method for static constants on this exception class.
        system.assert(true);
    }

}

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm a complete rookie to test code. I apologize for asking for help on this and not being able to at least give some. Thank you very much for your help and time.

myforcedotcommyforcedotcom

Hi Zoom_V,

since you are new to writing test methods i would first recommend you read this blog. http://jessealtman.com/2013/09/proper-unit-test-structure-in-apex/

Jesse does a great job in breaking down how and why tests are important.

Post back if that doesn't help get your test classes resolved.

Code The Cloud

Zoom_VZoom_V

Thank you very much. I'll do that.