function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
qraishqraish 

Is it possible to assign Permission Sets Owned By Profile?

Using PermissionSet() and SOQL we can list the permission sets which are owned by profile using the SOQL statement
 Select Id,Name, IsOwnedByProfile, Profile.Name, Label from PermissionSet where IsOwnedByProfile=TRUE

My question is can we assign a permission set owned by a profile to different profile? For example: A custom profile named IT KingKong is listed in the Profile.Name column of the result from SOQL above. Can I assign this permission set(owned by IT KingKong profile) to another custom profile?

The interface after clicking 'Edit Assignment' from a User record doesn't list any permission sets owned by profile, it only list custom permission set that we created....

Any insights/help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! Source for SOQL: - By Adam Torman

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The way I understand the isOwnedByProfile field is that each profile in the system has an underlying permission set that grants a bunch of privileges.  I wouldn't expect to be able to apply this to another profile as you can simply grant the permissions to the profile.

As an aside, isn't the 'Edit Assignment' part of the user record rather than a profile? 

qraishqraish

Thank you for your insights Bob!

Just corrected the error in my description. 'Edit Assignment' is infact in User record. Thanks :)