function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
christwin123christwin123 

Rendering a Salesforce Object Page in a VF page without sidebar and header

Hi,

I need to Rendering a Salesforce Object Page in a VF page without sidebar and header.

I used the ?isdtp=vw option when I was getting that perfectly but after the winter release I am getting the page in the frame but when I click the inline buttons  like "New" or an Excisting record link it is not working properly.

I also tried using the  ?isdtp=mn option when I got all the options "New" etc....but the page looks shrinked and I also get some additional Blue panels at the top.

Could someone please gide me getting that correct.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Christwin

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Christwin,

Yes it is for VF, url overriding was never considered a good practice and are not supported by salesforce.

The isdtp parameter is a special parameter used in the service cloud console and the plain old console tab to make salesforce pages display without header, sidebar, and sometimes in a simplified style. Adding a ?isdtp=<option> or &isdtp=<option> to any salesforce page (even visualforce! ) will dramatically change the way it's rendered. 
Have a look at following parameters if any of them suffice:

VW - used by the service cloud console. This is the only option that supports the new aloha theme. It strips the salesforce header and sidebar from the page. There's some small functionality degradation (enhanced lists are not longer enhanced, some ugly styles here and there) but this is your only option if you want to include chatter support through isdtp.

MN- the second most functional, but far behind the vw option. Like vw the header and sidebar are stripped out, but in addition chatter will always be removed as well, and the old salesforce theme (pre-aloha) will be used.

lt- I have limited experience with this option, but as far as I can tell it's exactly the same as mn, except that it removes the section header at the top of the page as well

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Christwin,

In visualforce page you can simply use <apex:page sidebar=”false” showheader=”false”> to hide sidebar and header.

christwin123christwin123

Hi Vinita,

Guess that Would be to hide the sidebar and header from the VF page.....Could you guide me in displaying the Object page to be shown in the VF page without the sidebar and header like https://ap1.salesforce.com/a02/o object page....Guess need to use ?isdtp=vw something like that.

Thanks you,

Regards,

Christwin

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Christwin,

Yes it is for VF, url overriding was never considered a good practice and are not supported by salesforce.

The isdtp parameter is a special parameter used in the service cloud console and the plain old console tab to make salesforce pages display without header, sidebar, and sometimes in a simplified style. Adding a ?isdtp=<option> or &isdtp=<option> to any salesforce page (even visualforce! ) will dramatically change the way it's rendered. 
Have a look at following parameters if any of them suffice:

VW - used by the service cloud console. This is the only option that supports the new aloha theme. It strips the salesforce header and sidebar from the page. There's some small functionality degradation (enhanced lists are not longer enhanced, some ugly styles here and there) but this is your only option if you want to include chatter support through isdtp.

MN- the second most functional, but far behind the vw option. Like vw the header and sidebar are stripped out, but in addition chatter will always be removed as well, and the old salesforce theme (pre-aloha) will be used.

lt- I have limited experience with this option, but as far as I can tell it's exactly the same as mn, except that it removes the section header at the top of the page as well
This was selected as the best answer
christwin123christwin123

Thank you so much.

Yeah I have tried the =vw before .....It was working good but guess after the winter release ...The page is rendered but the functionalitites like "New" Record links are not working.

Could you please guide me in this.

Regards,

Christwin

Mayank Singh DelhiMayank Singh Delhi
Hi Christwin, 

As per my observation, you might have previewed your page in the context of Lightning Experience and thats the reason neither header nor the side bar is showing inspite of making 'showHeader' & sideBar "True". I order to resolve this issue you have to open the new tab and pest the below link: https://SalesforceInstance/apex/AnyNewPageName then press enter, now you will see there is no such VF page exist. Then you just need to replace the "AnyNewPageName" with your "ActualVFpageName" and then enter, you will see the header and sidebar now. Thanks. Hope it helps!!