function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kmccollkmccoll 

Datetime inputfield

I have a page where an event is entered, so it has a datetime inputField.   The visualforce page renders a single text input with a datepicker, so the date and time can be entered (by typing in the time after the date has been selected), but it's not very user friendly.  The native Salesforce.com page to enter an event splits this into two fields -- date and time -- which is much more intuitive.

I'm probably missing something, but what's the best way to achieve this (without resorting to raw text inputs)?

Thanks
Kenny
jwetzlerjwetzler
inputFields bound to date/time fields behave the same way that custom date/time fields work.  It looks like events themselves have a bit of special behavior for this specific field.

I will discuss it with the team but unfortunately it's too late for us to get this into Summer 08.

Jill
TehNrdTehNrd
I think I just ran into this with the inputField ReminderDateTime field on Tasks which are very similar to Events. In the normal UI it has two boxes, a date selector and a picklist with dates in 30 minute intervals. On a VF page it renders as regular dateTime field.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 06-02-2008 11:33 AM
tlaportetlaporte

I can't believe this is the most recent article I found regarding this complaint.  While I believe I know the answer to this, I must ask.  Has anyone found a decent way to show Date and Time in a friendly way with inputField on a datetime?  That is..... not using an inputText and jQuery (or other library) to give a nice datepicker.

(Users want the standard way Event accepts this input)

I'm almost to the point where I need to use an outside datepicker... but I wanted to check here.

Apologies for bringing up a dead post.