function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lesanglesang 

DataTable with grouping

Hi All,

My application has a grid with grouping. Does salesforce have a grid object or something similar?

Thanks.
Ron HessRon Hess
The dataTable or pageBlockList are nice for this type of data, but there is no paged dataTable currently, i believe this is a planned future feature.
lesanglesang
I see. Thanks Ron Hess :smileyhappy:

By the way I have a question. I have an existing application (web), I just want to integrate my app with SalesForce. Now I have no solution to do that. If you have any suggestion, please help me.

Thanks.
Ron HessRon Hess
To integrate with salesforce, you would change out the database on your web app, to talk to the salesforce database.  What does you app do ?  Do you use a database for that ?

Do you have a webservice with your app?
lesanglesang
Thank Ron,

My application is a ROI application. Users in SalesForce want to use some features in my application. One of these is Value Builder Interview feature. Now I want to integrate this feature into SalesForce. This integration includes both UI and function. I don't know what I should do.

What is your suggestion about this? How to implement UI and function?

My application has not any webservice. So I should build it.

I just listening your opinion.

Thanks.
Ron HessRon Hess
yes, you can build that type of application on the force.com platform, using visualforce and apex.
Start by reading the Creating On Demand Applications book available on this site, look under Wiki or Home for this free book.