function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChrisGountanisChrisGountanis 

Sales Quote Oppertunity to PDF using Visualforce

Can anyone lead me to some examples of creating a Visualforce page that will ouput opertunities or quote/proposals to PDF eliminating the need for the 3rd party services? Please advise on any options if I am on the wrong track here.

Thanks in advance!
mtbclimbermtbclimber
This functionality requires the Summer '08 release. We'll be posting up an example of this soon on the developer site. I'll update this thread with a link when we have the reference available for you.
RoopaRoopa

hi All,
I want to display Master (ex.Account info,it's related list contact details should display one after another) and Related List details into PDF. On click of button, it's rendering as PDF.

The problem is certain field values of related list are not displying into PDF which are having datatype as number, Picklist, date.
For Picklist it's displaying all the values(eg.language) instead of selected values. Help me out on this prob.

snippet :
<apex:page standardController="MasterObj" extensions="getIdfun" renderAs="pdf" >
   <apex:detail subject="{!Child_Obj__c}" relatedList="false"/>
   <apex:repeat value="{!MasterObj__c.Child_Object__r}" var="test">
   <apex:form >
          <apex:pageBlock title="Order No#{!test.Order_No__c}">
              <apex:pageBlockSection title="Info" columns="2">
                  <apex:inputField value="{!test.language__c}" />
                  <apex:inputField value="{!test.StDate__c}"/>
              </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
       </apex:form>
   </apex:repeat>
 </apex:page>

Thanks in advance!
Is this code you posted the same as what "mtbclimber" was talking about as far as an example of the SUmmer 08 code? Will there be a new more standard way to output for example quotes or opps to PDF?
"This functionality requires the Summer '08 release. We'll be posting up an example of this soon on the developer site. I'll update this thread with a link when we have the reference available for you."

Any word on this. I am really curious on how this will replace CongaMerge and/or Print Anything. I really need to learn to take ops/quotes to PDF and maybe (icing on the cake) mail merge the as atachment.

Please please . Thanks in advance!
mtbclimbermtbclimber
Sorry for the delay here:

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Visualforce_Quote2PDF

Share and enjoy!

After rushing through it then finally reading the instuctions at the bottom everything works with no errors. Very cool example to allow customizing and deeper learning.

Thank you very much!