function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
riwilkesriwilkes 

Compile Error in Hidden Module : ApplicationState

I have a new Dell Latitude D620 running Windows VIsta and Office XP.  I have tried to install the Office Edition  and then when I open word or excel I receive the above message.  I have managed to install the excel connector without problems and the outlook edition seems to be working fine.
wsws
The problem is that office edition hasn't been certified yet for running in Vista.  I would suggest you contact salesforce.com support and file a ticket.  If tier 1 doesn't want to file a ticket for a bug request or escalate the ticket to tier 3 - repost with your support ticket #.

I myself haven't spent a lot of time exploring the desktop applications with Vista or Office 2007.
greatideagreatidea
Actually, it's not just a Vista issue - I run XP and Office Pro 2003 and experience the very same problems. I'm not able to install office edition, and I've tried everything. Salesforce support has not been able to help so far either. They thought it was due to a conflict with an adobe writer plug-in, but that turned out not to be the case after all. Any help on this would be highly appreciated.
wsws
Could you send me your support case #?
TrumbaTrumba
I have the same issue as well with regards to Office 2003 and Office 2007 on Vista.  It appears that the security settings in Vista may be disabling VBA which limits how macros run on the platform.  Perhaps SFDC may need to get the vba script for the add-ons certified to run on Vista and it may solve the problem.
TrumbaTrumba
If anyone discovers a fix to run the office add-in in Excel I would appreciate it. OS - MS Vista, IE 7 and Office 2003. Right now my only resolution is to run a parallel system with WIN XP, Office 2003 with the SF Office Add-in.  As you probably know, downloading large amounts of data, 19,000 records comes out to about 32MBS and 15 minutes.  I'd like my add-in to work so all I have to do is login on the toolbar  and refresh my workbook.  I talked to SFDC support and she told me to change my browser...that was a little disappointing in that it was the integration with Excel.