function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ng30345ng30345 

Outlook Edition gives me "Invalid or unsupported record"

A few of my Outlook calendar items, after I mark them for sync, come back during the sync process and say "invalid or unsupported record".  What does that mean?  Why would these items be an invalid record type?  They're just regular Outlook calendar entries.

Message Edited by ng30345 on 05-03-2007 12:03 PM

burgincoburginco

This happened to me as well. I was told if there were any attachment to the file that it would give that error message or if there was a field it do like.

I was told to make sure there were no attachments and go field by field and remove the info to see which field it was.

It did work but that really is a hard way to go about it when you are trying to sync 1500 contacts and over 800 tasks.

ng30345ng30345
Thanks.  It appears that OUTLOOK EDITION SYNC DOESNT SUPPORT MULTI-DAY CALENDAR ITEMS.  Once I changed an Outlook multi-day item to a single day.  It would sync to my salesforce calendar.  Unfortunately, that's incredibly inconvenient.
burgincoburginco
We are using the Team Edition, which one are you on?
ng30345ng30345
At the moment, we are on Professional, moving to Enterprise shortly.
ng30345ng30345
Here's the work around as suggested by sf support.  Instead of creating a multi day item in Outlook, create a single day item with recurrence.  This works great and is easy to do.  Here's a link to the quick tutorial