function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JcarterwilJcarterwil 

Outlook Edition 3.2 crashes

When I sync from Outlook 2007 (Vista) with 3.2, it crashes during the match score phase after about 40 records.  Any thoughts?  (Works fine in Windows XP Outlook 2003)
RDHarrisRDHarris
It does the same for me.  Occasionally it will make it through.  I've tried numerous times and mostly it crashes...somewhere in that matching process.  
Saqib AltafSaqib Altaf

Hi,

Don't know if this answer is too late but, I had the same problem.  Reinstalling Outlook, and Outlook edition 3.2 did not help. To resolve it I did the following

1) Exported my contacts to a .pst file (just in case things went wrong, I knew that I would have a backup!)

2) Deleted the contacts from the Outlook profile

3) Hit the sync button.

I hope this helps.

Message Edited by SQB on 03-14-2008 03:19 AM
tecklerteckler
I just had the same problem. In looking at my contacts I noticed a bunch that had the category salesforce.com from a prior install. I removed that category from those contacts and everything worked.
TopGuyTopGuy
Having slightly different issues with Outlook 2007 and Vista. Outlook crashes multiple times daily.    Tried to download 3.2.119 and release notes from SF.com.  But the SF.com site link only downloads 3.2.1.8. Release notes say it's 3.2.1.19 not .119 and that this problem was fixed in 3.2.1.10.     No mention of 3.2.1.8 in release notes either (?).  Called Tech support and after an hour of getting no where, they were going to report the web site issue.  but I am still without a solution until 3.2.1.10 or higher gets posted to the SF.com site.  You might see if 3.2.1.8 fixes your issue; check out the release notes too.  anyone been able to get 3.2.1.19 let me know.

Message Edited by TopGuy on 07-31-2008 01:44 PM