function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HauteSpotHauteSpot 

Outlook Crash

We are using the Small Group Edition of Salesforce.

I have a PC that has been running Windows Vista Home Premium Edition and I was using Outlook 2003 with it. The Outlook connector v 2 was working fine up to a week ago. Then it started crashing outlook when it reached the match scoring step.

I saw that there was a new release of the Outlook connector and I upgraded to that to see if it fixed the problem. It did not.

I was planning on upgrading to Outlook 2007 anyway, so last night I did. I reinstalled the Outlook connector v 3 again. Re-ran a full sync, deleting the previous history. It did the exact same thing.

Sometimes it crashes outlook at 10 records matched, sometimes at 70, sometimes at 120...but it always crashes.

Outlook seems to be working fine otherwise.

One thing I tried to do was look at the log file. When try to open the log file, the Salesforce Options dialog indicates that the log file does not exist and prompts me to create one. After create a log file, nothing ever gets written to it.

Any clues on how to fix this?
HauteSpotHauteSpot
Does anyone at Salesforce respond to cases that are submitted to them? I posted this problem to them through my account and have had no response. Is there a standard for when they should respond? It has been 4 business days.

Anyway, the problem of crashing on full sync at the point of match scoring continues. I have reviewed all of the security updates, etc and cannot find any correlation between when the crashes started and any updates applied to windows or outlook.

I have no way to log the application to try to trouble shoot. Pretty much at a dead end.

Remind me why I am paying for Salesforce rather than using Sugar or Vtiger? I was convinced by our office staff that having a supported application would be much better than doing it ourselves. So far not convinced.
HauteSpotHauteSpot
What I have done, which may have corrected the problem, is this:

1. Un-installed Salesforce Outlook connector
2. Completely removed the Salesforce installation directory
3. Deleted all Salesforce registry entries that I could find
4. Compressed registry using WinASO.
5. Rebooted computer
6. Checked Microsoft Update for any patches, etc
7. Created a restore point
8. Installed Salesforce Outlook connector
9. Re-sync from scratch

Seemed to fix the problem...whatever it was.

Thanks Salesforce for all the help...ha ha

I guess being self sufficient is the only way to get things done.
HauteSpotHauteSpot
Well, I was wrong. I could get a sync to run once. On the second sync, outlook continues to crash.

So far no help from Salesforce.

Any suggestions?
violinistviolinist
I don't have a solution, but I have the same problem.

Vista Home premium
Outlook 2007

Hope this helps you get salesforce to resolve it for both of us.