function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vfDeveloper.ax341vfDeveloper.ax341 

Visualforce and packaging problem, when application almost completed

Is that possible in foreseeable future (and when exactly) to have packaging support for Visualforce controls/pages.

We faced problem, that we can not upload our package because it contains visualforce pages.
We need to decide either wait for such kind of support or get rid of visualforce (which means rewrite application completely).

I think we are not first developers, who faced this problem. Any advice in that situation would be great.

ESES
Please look at this post to see how you can transfer visualforce pages to your production org using eclipse plugin.

You should not even be able to include visualforce pages/components/tabs into a package (they get filtered out of pacakaging UI), so I am not sure how you put visualforce tab in a package...  Did you prepare your package before summer'08 rolled out?

Packaging support for Visalforce is one of the top priority of the team, and hopefully it'll make it out in one of the next few major releases.

Message Edited by ES on 06-25-2008 06:38 AM

Message Edited by ES on 06-25-2008 06:39 AM
vfDeveloper.ax341vfDeveloper.ax341
Thanks, for quick response. I did not put  visualforce tab in a package specially.I just packaged application wich already has some visualforce tab.

Copying with eclipse plugin is helpful, but we need deploy our application to AppExchange.