function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SteveEthosSteveEthos 

Custom Button - cannot select a Visual Force Page for a list button.

I have a Custom Button on my SObject, it is a List Button that points to a S-Control.  I have built a new Visual Force Page to replace it.  However, there is no option to select.

In the Page "Custom Button or Link Edit", the display type is a radio button with three options:

Detail Page Link
Detail Page Button
List Button

If you select List button, there is a Drop Down list for Content Source, the available options are:

URL
Custom S-Control
OnClick JavaScript.

There is no option for a Visual Force Page.  How can I utilize my VF page?

Thanks,
Steve

ShamSham
you can select onclick javascript
and write script

window.location.href = "/apex/VF page"
Brendan LallyBrendan Lally
is this similiar to my post (http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&thread.id=3615&jump=true) ?

Lal
SteveEthosSteveEthos
No, this is not the same issue.  I went through the one you referenced standard buttons. 

My issue relates to the "List Button".  This has the raidio buttons for the type of funtion, but none are Visual Force.

The fix above for the Browser redirect is a little bit of a hack.  The button should trigger a server response to process the request, it would be great if it could be an action on a page, but I guess that the list button could be on a non Visual Force page.

Because of this, I have found that we cannot use the standard related lists.  (we cannot add buttons to lead to VF pages properly).    we have to create our own lists by using dataTable inside of sections, and adding our own buttons.

Seems as though if we want to use Visual Force properly, then we have to abandon some of the standard SalesForce configuraitons, we have to take full control of the UI.

Again, we are talking about buttons on related lists.

Thanks,
Steve
dchasmandchasman
Full support for List buttons using VF pages as the content target will be released in Salesforce.com Winter '09.
vabvab

hi Doug,

As you have mentioned that "Full support for List buttons using VF pages as the content target will be released in Salesforce.com Winter '09" but this is not available as full support as we can use list button with activity objects i.e. with Task. if we try to create a VF page an try to set "recordSetVar="tasks" then it give an error.

If you have any solution for this can you please share it?

vabvab

hi Doug,

As you have mentioned that "Full support for List buttons using VF pages as the content target will be released in Salesforce.com Winter '09" but this is not available as full support, as we can not use list button with activity objects i.e. with Task. if we try to create a VF page an try to set "recordSetVar="tasks" then it give an error.

If you have any solution for this can you please share it?