function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
scopo911scopo911 

Is Intellisync for Palm still supported?

Just got a Palm Treo phone and I'm looking for the Intellisync app.  Where is it?  What the heck is Mobile? 
Chris_627Chris_627
Intellisync is no longer supported by salesforce.com and is not generally available. Force.com Mobile lets you sync data wirelessly to your Treo and do live searches on data even if it has not been synced. Haven't used it myself but i've seen it used -- kinda neat. Check the SF Help for "What is Salesforce Mobile?" for details. Intellisync let you sync Contacts, Tasks, and Events. Mobile supports "all custom objects and the following standard objects:Accounts; Cases; Contacts; Events; Leads; Opportunities; Products; Solutions; Tasks". On the downside, Mobile is a licensed feature. Alternative -- You could use Connect for Outlook to sync Salesforce to Outlook and sync Outlook to your Treo.
scopo911scopo911
Thanks for the reply Chris.  You're correct, these are the only options for my Palm and none of them are good in my mind.  I don't use Outlook (Thunderbird) and don't want to pay extra for Mobile - we just don't need it.  The sync to the Palm desktop that used to be supported was the best option.

What I'm going to do  is export my contacts using a report and import them to the Palm desktop.  Not elegant, but it will work.

Thanks again for the suggestions and reply.
Chris_627Chris_627
FYI - Intellisync is not generally available, as I said before, but Support can send you a link for it. They usually only do this, though, if 1) you specifically request it and 2) your needs *can not* possibly, in any way, be accomidated by a current product. ------- If only you were using Outlook 2000.... salesforce has no product other than Intellisync that can allow you to sync Outlook 2000 with salesforce.com.............. :smileywink:
KingsGambitKingsGambit
On the subject of Thunderbird, I'm developing a plugin to synch email and contacts. It's still in the early stages, but might be worth a look.

http://code.google.com/p/thunderbirdgriffin/