function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PJRPJR 

Offline Edition quits when emptying briefcase

Windows Vista
IE 7

The offline edition 2.0 is failing when when I hit the Empty Briefcase button. Everything else works fine. It syncs perfectly, etc.

Error message is:
Please restart Force.com Connect for Offline using your Desktop shortcut. Alternative, select Start | All Programs | Salesforce.com | Offline Edition 2.0

I have called support and they were very patient, but the issue is unresolve. They have escalated it to tier 2 support, but I figured I'm not the first to encounter this problem.

In case it's related, I'll add that the Office Edition is also not working because the DLL are not registering correctly. Security issue?

Thanks,

Peter
EP ChrisEP Chris
I am also experieincing the same issue.  I am running XP and IE7.  Was there a resoltion for this probelm?
Siddharth Birari.ax1164Siddharth Birari.ax1164

Hi, 

Even i am also facing the same problem. as soon as i log in into offline edition, the browser open up and gives me the same error message. 

Although i faced this problem in IE 9 but not in IE8 (Compatibility view enabled).

Anitha ChavvaAnitha Chavva
You can try these steps.
1)Right click on the shortcut icon 'Offline Edition 2.0'.
2)Go to the 'Compatibility' tab and check 'Run As Administrator' 
3)Click Apply and try to reopen the program.
4)Click 'Allow blocked content' if IE asks for.
Anitha ChavvaAnitha Chavva
If you follow above steps you can able to login but after login when click on tab or create new record it is showing the same error if any one found the solution please post here