function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bernard182Bernard182 

Connect for Outlook : Very slow on startup

Hi,
I'm currently testing "Connect for Outlook" to see if it's relevant to deploy it to my users. But I find it very slow on startup. I don't use the "Log in automatically whne Outlook starts" option (otherwise it hangs, but that's not the point).
But the first time I click on "Add Email", and thus initiate the connexion with Salesforce, it takes between 1 and 3 minutes to get the "Add email" window to pop-up (meanwhile, Outlook is frozen).
The second time I do it, the popup appears in just a few seconds, which is fine.

And this behaviour is repeated everytime I open outlook...
Any idea? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Outlook 2003; I'm behind a proxy (which works fine usually) and Connect for Outlook 3.2.110

Thank you!

KathrynKathryn

Hi Bernard

No ideas on how to speed it up, but yes we're seeing the same problem ourselves, we recently changed to this latest version and it's very slow to load up.  I find it's quicker if I'm constantly adding email after email but usually is painfully slow, particularly swapping to the Related To page.

Kathryn

wwwardwwward
Kathryn, are you also behind a web proxy?

Bill

rpr2rpr2
Winter '09 release has made switching to the Related To tab way faster.  Nice improvement!