function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gstocktongstockton 

How Do I Generate A Quote

We installed the Quote Line Items 3.30 tool, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to create something I can send to a Customer. I imagine this is something I do using the Mail Merge function, however, when I look for the details of the quote in my Insert Merge Fields, there is not an option to put the line items from the quote onto the template. In the Choose Field Type, there is a listing for Quote Fields, yet not listing for Quote Lines. The idea is to generate a quote which lists the QTY, Product Name, Price and a total quoted price.

If anyone out there has put a quote generator together I would really appreciate some advice on how to do this correctly.
DanGDanG
I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Quote Line Items 3.30 tool.  Our organization uses the Mail Merge functionality off the Opportunity to create basic price quotes.

We set up a Word document as a template using the Connect for Office desktop integration plug-in.  Merge in the following lines:

Product Name

Quantity

Unit Price

Item Total

«OPPORTUNITY_LINEITEM_START»«PRODUCT_NAME»

«OPPORTUNITY_LINEITEM_QUANTITY»

«OPPORTUNITY_LINEITEM_SALEPRICE»

«OPPORTUNITY_LINEITEM_TOTALPRICE»«OPPORTUNITY_LINEITEM_END»

Total:

«AMOUNT»

«AMOUNT»

And voila-- you have yourself a price quote.  Just requires you to use products on opportunities.

Cheers.

RSmisTeamRSmisTeam
I am extremely interested in getting the mail merge to work with Quote Line Items 3.30 as well.We currently use Opportunity Line Items to create a mail merged document we can send to customers. It is not very good for keeping track of actual Quotes and the Quote application has a lot of bonus features we would like. I just cannot figure out the mail merge tags needed in the Word document to get the Quote Line Items to populate. Any help with this problem or some solutions?