function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bliubliu 

"Always mark for sync" option MISSING

I've just installed Connect for Microsoft Outlook version 3.2.1.8.  Syncing back and forth between Outlook and SF works fine.  However, I want to automatically set every Outlook calendar item for sync instead of having to click "Mark for Sync" for each item.  The help guide on Setting Connect for Outlook Options describes a checkbox for "Always mark for sync" within the Synchronization Preferences.

My Syncronization Preferences only has two checkboxes:
-Delete history and synchronize from scratch
-Synchronize on schedule every XX hours

There appears to be a blank spot between those two checkboxes where  "Always mark for sync" should be.  What do I need to do to enable the "Always mark for sync" option?  Thank you.

kiksuya1kiksuya1
Same issue- missing the "always mark for sync" option. Would greatly appreciate some help.
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist

I had the same problem and logged a case with Salesforce and they told me that it is not an option to Always Marc for Sync anymore, you can only schedule the syncs which will sync everything hourly, however you still have to manually check Mark for Sync, I believe there is no way around it. I could be wrong but that is what Salesforce.com responded to my case.

:smileymad:

I have confirmed that this is not an option for newer versions of Outlook, only older versions and is no longer available. However, I plan on adding this to idea exchange.
tiger89tiger89

OK, but bizarrely I have a client who has this turned on by default AND cannot turn it OFF (and would like it off)!!!

There has got to be a registry setting....when I get to the bottom of it I will post so you can all figure out how to turn it ON!

The mark for sync option is available by going into outlook and clicking tools, salesforce.com options, then it is under the general tab, however Always Mark for Sync is only available in old versions of outlook, not any of the new releases.
BlankaBlanka

Hi everyone,

I am just working with Salesforce on a designing an Outlook form and making an automatic synch. Once I have figured it out and I am sure it works I will post some isntructions for all of you.

Thanks

Blanka

That would be wonderful :smileyhappy:
BlankaBlanka
So, bad news for us....Events will not synch automatically.Only contacts and tasks are, but not events.

SalesForce IT couldn't really give me a good explanation as to why, was just told that the events do not synch with Outlook 2003, nor 2007. That nice feature is gone!

If anybody finds a way to make it work, please share that with the rest of the community.

Thanks

Blanka