function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dean_BlurbDean_Blurb 

connect for out just wont startup

I'm new to this plugin, i've tested on my home machine, which works fine. (running outlook 2003)
on my work PC running outlook 2007, i install all fine. then start outlook, and no plugin, no introduction as it was on the home PC?

i've removed the plugin and tried several different ways, even restarting between installs. still nothing?

ISUpgrade.exe error mesg when i click on the program from the start menu failed because MSVCP71.dll was not found?

can anyone help please?

Message Edited by Dean_Blurb on 10-29-2008 11:34 AM
ATinITATinIT

Same problem. I had a connect error on the 27th I downloaded version  3.2.501, since then it doesn' work at all. Outlook add on utility say there is a runtime error and can't load this add on. I have made several attempt but no way something must be wrong with SF dll. No problem with other MS add on such as Mapoint.

Can anybody help ? I have seen other similar post with no reply this looks quite unreliable to me !!?

hal9khal9k
Same problem, on my machine. This is starting to look like a trend. I'm going to try doing installs on other machines in the office today. I'll post back with how that goes.
hal9khal9k
installed just fine on everyone else's machine, so I guess I'm the odd ball
jaredjared
Guys I have a mac book pro running XP via parallels. Trying to install the outlook plug in which I have done on other machines both office 03 and 07, yet I cannot get it to work in my outlook 07 on my mac. I go to run the intellisync option and I get this ISUgrade.exe - unable to locate component box with the error that I a missing the same DLL. I have seen other posts of people downloading this DLL and putting it in the win32 folder, but I am scared to do this. Any insight? 
ATinITATinIT

Finally it works? It was as is as backdating "system configuration" utility.

I am afraid it was windows thought...

Dean_BlurbDean_Blurb
can you explain more about the "backdating "system configuration" utility." please?

thanks
ATinITATinIT
Start/Programs/accessoires/system utilities/restore system configurations.

sorry for the translation; My MSXP is in Italian, the command "restore system configuration" will set all system file back at the date you choose on a calendar. I will not touch any data file.
It is a very simple operation as long as the problem occured recently, if not you might not find a valid restore day

This should fix the dll issue without messing up windows.

good luck
hal9khal9k
Ok... So I got it working, there are 2 .dll files that the plugin needs to run, they are very common(acrobat uses the and it comes with them)  

Do a search for these 2 files:

msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll

copy and paste them both into each of these folders

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\O3\
C:\windows\system32\

isupgrade should run, hope this helps some people out.