function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VickieBNVickieBN 

Error Message: Failed to Login to SalesForce

I just downloaded and installed Connect for Outlook to my computer. Everything looks to be set up correctly. However, when I try to sync, it gives me the error message, "Failed to login to SalesForce." I have checked my User Name and Password over and over - it is correct. Yet it won't log in to SalesForce.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you have any idea what is wrong?

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Connect program - all to no avail.

willbrowillbro

Same issue. Very frustrating.  Vista 64bit, Outlook 2003 (exchange server), Connect 3.2

There's a thread in Idea exchange saying 64bit isn't supported and sure enough the cheatsheet says it: 

System Requirements • Microsoft Windows 2000, XP Professional SP1, XP Professional SP2, or Vista (32-bit only; 64-bit is not supported) • Microsoft Outlook XP

:smileymad:
Message Edited by willbro on 11-25-2008 04:57 PM

Message Edited by willbro on 11-25-2008 04:58 PM
ThomasGrThomasGr

I have the same problem.

I have Vista 32 bit and outlouk 2007

What is wrong?????

rpr2rpr2
Have you added your security token following the password?
ThomasGrThomasGr
Indeed, that was the problem. Thanx,
Thomas
azaaza

Thomas,

What exactly did you do?

-aza

rpr2rpr2

You add the security token Immediately following the password.  If you need more information about the security token, use this information from online help Why am I getting the "Failed Login" error message in the Client Applications? 

Message Edited by rpr2 on 11-30-2008 01:43 AM
Tomate37Tomate37
I had the same problem. For Connect you must use your password and security token at the same time.

Reset your token: Setup|Personal Setup| Reset my Security Token| Click on "Reset my Security Token" button.

Now just type your password and your Security Token together (no space).

It worked for me. I hope this helps!

Cheers!

Tomate

VickieBNVickieBN
Yes, adding the security token also worked for me. I told them they really need to add that to their instructions. It's part of the process and no one knows about it.

Thanks, all!
aglikmanaglikman

I have the same problem but even after the Token Reset and after adding the token to my password it is not working .... rrrrrrr

any ideas ??????

JelleJelle

It does not work for me neither. I use WINDOWS7. Outlook plugin pasword + sec key.grrrrrr:smileymad::smileymad:

user125995user125995
It would be good for them to announce that somewhere. I remember getting that in the initial email, but discarding it because I was concentrating on getting it setup and not the peripherals. Let's get the claim to be "naturally intuitive" on the right track and not keep secrets.
BekahBekah

This is a great TIP!  And worked great, this has baffling me for months and using the security token worked like a charm :)

Rebekah

lml999lml999

I generated a new token and still could not get the connector to verify.

Then I downloaded and reinstalled the connector. Now everything is working. :)

LarryFLarryF

Win 7 x 32 here and no luck after install and reinstall either. Have a new laptop on the way with Win 7 x 64. Just saw this in the pdf for connector download:  

Connect for Outlook is now supported on Microsoft Windows® 7 (32-bit only; 64-bit is not supported)

Of course this does not explain why it's not working on my current Win 7 x 32 machine.

StenderStender

I know this thread is dead, but I thought I might help out anyone else who has had a problem with this!  I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and I was able to get Connect for Outlook to work just fine.  If you go into Internet Explorer > Click on Tools > Internet Options > Click on the Advanced Tab > Scroll most of the way down and under “Security” make sure that the “Check for server certificate revocation*” is NOT checked.  Then close Outlook and any IE window and then reopen IE and then Outlook.  You should then be able to log in with your normal password (you still might need to add your securty token as well).

Hope that helps!

Jeremy Stender

Nadav DroriNadav Drori

Hi Stebder

Thanks for this update. I am using Google Chrome to run SFDC so not sure how this can be done in Chrome.

any thoughts?

Thanks!

Nadav DroriNadav Drori

OK, I was able to change the Chrome security setting. Still, even after changing and adding the Token to the PWD. I can't log in to the Sync app.

CarrieProvCarrieProv

I know this is an old post, but I'm just starting learning how to use Salesforce and integrating Outlook with it.  I am having the same issue and I read everyones comments and did everything.

1) I resetted my security token

2) I uninstalled and reinstalled the connector Salesforce for Outlook

3) I went to the the tools > internet options > advance > unchecked "Check for server certification revocation*"

4) Went back to Outlook and added in the resetted security token after my password and pressed the "Verify" button

But still no luck.  Still says, "Failed to log in to salesforce.com".  Any other help that you guys give me?

JennSJennS

I have had no issues with Outlook integration until today.  I reset my security token and entered in the info (with my password first) to see if that would help.  No luck.  Any ideas?  It's been working fine until today.

JennSJennS

Have you discovered a solution?  I have the same problem.  Resetting security token did not work for me either.  Thanks

cticompservcticompserv

Same problem. I've entered my ID with and without the security token and log-in still fails.

Windows 7 64-bit with Outlook 2007.

Kent

james.clervil1.39429069674749E12james.clervil1.39429069674749E12
I added te token key after my password without space  and it works for me . Thank you