function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tiger89tiger89 

Outlook Edition can't find any Outlook folders to sync with

A client of mine has an issue with 3 or 4 of their users where the Outlook edition cannot find ANY folder for contacts, calendar and tasks and as a result won’t sync anything.  I forgot to get a screen shot but imagine clicking on the contacts tab in the Salesforce Options and in the area where you normally can select a folder it is completely blank. 
ChyronChyron
Did you look in the Archive folders?  I'm having that issue right now.  My desktop has been configured to drop my TASKS and EVENTS into my Outlook Archive.  I accepted all the automatic config so I don't know why it's pointing to Archive.  Have you looked at what folders are selected in "Salesforce Options" under "Tools" in Outlook?

I'm trying to figure out how to reset the Folder Seetings.

And the fun part of this is my laptop is configured correctly.  Things drop to their correct folders.

danatodddanatodd
Microsoft did an upgrade a few weeks ago to all of the Office products on my system, including Outlook. I think it must have affected Salesforce integration, because all my buttons are gone and there's nothing about Salesforce under Options.

I uninstalled, reinstalled...nothing. I can't find anything about this issue on the Salesforce blog. Help! Any advice appreciated.
tiger89tiger89
Go under the help menu and check disabled items....you will likely find the salesforce plugin and you can reenable
danatodddanatodd

Thanks - someone else emailed me this link which had step by step instructions for finding the Disabled items in Outlook 2007:

http://www.kontech.net/salesforce-outlook-edition-plug-in-missing.html

It worked! Thanks for your help and support.

SensatusSensatus

This entry is for the next unfortunate person that finds themselves in a position where Salesforce mysteriously stops synchronizing with Outlook 2003 contacts:

The lead up: I had a demo Group Edition account and when it expired I purchased 3 licenses (the demo account had 5).  While using the demo account I was able to synchronise Emails and Contacts.  After I purchased the licenses, a conflict arose between my contacts in Outlook and those on Salesforce when I tried to synchronise.  Firstly Salesforce wanted to delete my contacts, which I said no to, and the result was duplicated contacts in Salesforce.  I then deleted the duplicated contacts in Salesforce and after that Outlook refused to synchronize (synch or synchronise - this is for Google's benefit having spent 4 hours reading Salesforce help guides and searching the internet).

When I went to  Outlook > Tools > Salesforce Options > Contacts - I was not able to associated Contacts with Outlook Contacts.

In the end the problem was resolved by Removing the Salesforce plugin using Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Salesforce.... After deleting the plugin, I then had to go to the Registry and delete the Saleforce.com folder:  Start > Run > regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Salesforce.com - deleted this folder.

I then re-installed and started everything from scratch. When I simply removed the Salesforce plugin, when I re-installed it, the problem was not resolved as everything reverted to old registry settings. Deleting the registry settings enabled me to start from scratch and re-establish associations between Salesforce contacts & email and the corresponding Outlook files.

SensatusSensatus

It happened again; how annoying.. I went through the re-install progress discussed in my previous entry about a month or two ago, and once again Saleforce stopped synchronizing with Outlook Contacts.

This time I decided to see if there was anything strange relating to Outlook 2003 contacts, and I found that I had some 'ghost' contact files on Outlook that my address book had associated itself with.  In the past I did have different contact folders for synchronizing with mobile phones and for some reason after I mergered them into a single contact folder, they lived on.

To see if you have some phantom contact address books, on Outlook go to Tools > Email Accounts > Directory: View or change existing directories or address books > Change button with Outlook Address Book selected

If there is more than one address book listed and you only are expecting one i.e. your Contacts folder, then complete the following steps to remove the address book associations:

To resolve this issue, remove and reinstall the Outlook Address Book. To do this (http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/635366-solved-outlook-2003-address-list.html):
  1. Start Outlook.
  2. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
  3. Click View or change existing directories or address books, and then click Next.
  4. Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Remove.
  5. Click Yes when you receive the prompt to confirm the removal.
  6. Click Add.
  7. Click Additional Address Books, and then click Next.
  8. Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Next.
  9. Click OK when you receive the message to restart Outlook.
  10. Click Finish.
  11. Click Exit on the File menu to quit Outlook.
  12. Restart Outlook.
  13. In the Folder list, right-click the folder that you want to use with the Address Book (for example, right-click Contacts), and then click Properties.
  14. Click the Outlook Address Book tab.
  15. Click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book check box (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.

nedved31nedved31

Such problems as this demand the special method of decision. I used many good tools for working out similar trouble, but only one application rescued me just for some minutes. It is quite able to cope with any kind of like difficulties - outlook 2000 pst files.   

kamal_Raokamal_Rao

How to fix this pls help me....
User-added image

User-added image