function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LarryHLarryH 

Installed Connect Outlook 3 times, yet it doesn't appear in MS Outlook

Maybe there is someone who has had this problem before:

A user contacted me as their Connect for Outlook program mysteriously 'vanished' overnight. I verified that the user still has the component installed via the programs list. Additionally, I checked add/remove programs and connect was there. When we start outlook we see nothing. I've checked her toolbars, views - everything I could possibly think of and there is no trace of it in outlook.

I decided to do a clean install, so we removed the program. Restarted her computer. Ran the installer, and went through a restart. The results were the same - absolutely nothing is there, yet the program is visible in both all programs and the add/remove programs utility.

If there is anyone with a solution to this issue, please let me know! Thank you SFDC Community!

-Larry
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
PixionPixion

1. Close Outlook completely.

2. Verify that Outlook has shutdown completely by going to the task manager by right-clicking on the system tray or by clicking CNTL + ALT + DELETE and selecting Task Manager on your keyboard. In the Processes tab verify that the process OUTLOOK.EXE does not exist. If it does, click on "End Process" to kill it.

3. On your computer, open a command prompt by navigating to Start | Run. Enter "cmd" and a DOS system window will open.

4. In the DOS window type in the following:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\3rd Party\SfdcRm.dll"

and click enter. **This command includes the quotation marks.

5. After a few seconds, a dialog box will appear in Windows saying that the DLL registration was successful.

6. Open Outlook.

You should now see the O2 toolbars successfully.

------------------------------------

** NOTE THE BELOW INVOLVES USING THE REGISTRY EDITOR. If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. See the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 to backup the registry on your machine.

1. On your computer go to the Start | Run | regedit and click OK.

2. In the registry editor navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Salesforce.com\SM

Highlight this key and delete it.

You will be prompted to confirm if you want to delete the subkeys. Click OK to accept this option.

3. Close the registry editor and restart Outlook.

------------------------------------------------------

On more thing can be checked here that can effect Outlook Edition 2 loading is if you are running a Group Policy on your local machine this may also stop Outlook Edition from loading and the buttons etc displaying. Note this is not a very rare scenario. This may be related to the policy looking for signed DLLs as the DLLs in Outlook Edition 2 are unsigned. To work around this you can go to the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\security and change the key DontTrustInstalled from 1 to 0. If you restart Outlook all the dlls should load and the Outlook Edition menus should display. This is a very infrequent issue.

If this does not resolve your issue please contact Salesforce Support for further assistance.

Addition solutions:

1. Help | About Microsoft Outlook | Disabled Items | Select Salesforce plugin & Enable. (DISABLED ITEMS)

2. Tools | Customize | Toolbars | Select Salesforce Outlook Edition Main. (TOOLBAR OFF)

All Answers

PixionPixion

1. Close Outlook completely.

2. Verify that Outlook has shutdown completely by going to the task manager by right-clicking on the system tray or by clicking CNTL + ALT + DELETE and selecting Task Manager on your keyboard. In the Processes tab verify that the process OUTLOOK.EXE does not exist. If it does, click on "End Process" to kill it.

3. On your computer, open a command prompt by navigating to Start | Run. Enter "cmd" and a DOS system window will open.

4. In the DOS window type in the following:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\3rd Party\SfdcRm.dll"

and click enter. **This command includes the quotation marks.

5. After a few seconds, a dialog box will appear in Windows saying that the DLL registration was successful.

6. Open Outlook.

You should now see the O2 toolbars successfully.

------------------------------------

** NOTE THE BELOW INVOLVES USING THE REGISTRY EDITOR. If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. See the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 to backup the registry on your machine.

1. On your computer go to the Start | Run | regedit and click OK.

2. In the registry editor navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Salesforce.com\SM

Highlight this key and delete it.

You will be prompted to confirm if you want to delete the subkeys. Click OK to accept this option.

3. Close the registry editor and restart Outlook.

------------------------------------------------------

On more thing can be checked here that can effect Outlook Edition 2 loading is if you are running a Group Policy on your local machine this may also stop Outlook Edition from loading and the buttons etc displaying. Note this is not a very rare scenario. This may be related to the policy looking for signed DLLs as the DLLs in Outlook Edition 2 are unsigned. To work around this you can go to the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\security and change the key DontTrustInstalled from 1 to 0. If you restart Outlook all the dlls should load and the Outlook Edition menus should display. This is a very infrequent issue.

If this does not resolve your issue please contact Salesforce Support for further assistance.

Addition solutions:

1. Help | About Microsoft Outlook | Disabled Items | Select Salesforce plugin & Enable. (DISABLED ITEMS)

2. Tools | Customize | Toolbars | Select Salesforce Outlook Edition Main. (TOOLBAR OFF)

This was selected as the best answer
SFDC_0718SFDC_0718

I am having the same problem and have done both procedures to no avail.

In Outlook 2003, when I look in toos/options/other/advanced/Com Add-ins  I don't see anything related to SFDC, either before I did those procedures or after.

Like Larry, the connector shows in Programs and in Add/Remove programs.

Interesting, I had it working but had to reinstall Outlook and now can't get it to work.

TIA,

Bob

jasdeajasdea
Same problem here. I have a specific machine that I can't get this to work on.  I've tried all the suggestions above and deleted all related registry entries.   Please advise!
ScottEScottE
Try this: http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=desktop_integration&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=927#M927
jasdeajasdea

The previous post worked for me like a charm.  The missing files were in the root directory C:\ in my case.