function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CB09CB09 

Sync all Salesforce Contacts with Outlook

Hi all,

we are using MS Outlook with Exchange Server for a couple weeks now. The synchronization with my personal contacts are working without any problems.

Additionally we would like to use a public folder including all (the hole company) Salesforce Contacts in Outlook with the goal that everybody have all contacts information in his client available. (as read only)

I tried to change my Sync Profile, as Administrator, and create a new group containing all salesforce users. If I want to change the settings Salesforce says "Error: The selected group must have 15 or fewer members."

Is somebody out there who can help me out in this case?

Thanks in advance!

Christian

HayliHayli
I would think that having all the contacts in Outlook would be less efficient and cause people to not use the system, is there a reason your users don't want to just reference them in Salesforce.com?
CB09CB09

Yes, some people are not using Salesforce so much, like our software engineers or system administrators. There yust want to look up some phone numbers or something in outlook without doing things in Salesforce.

HayliHayli
This is your opportunity to make them use the system. :-)
SabrinaSabrina

Hi Christian,

Do you have any solution to this yet? If yes, can you please share with me?

We have similar request but the sync didn't work out either.

Thanks,

Sabrina

CB09CB09

Dear Sabrina,

unfortunately we didn't find a solution in this case. I also asked the salesforce support for help, but the answer was:

Unfortunately, there's no increasable feature on this matter. Each user can only select a maximum of 15 colleagues for synchronization

best regards

Christian

AnnieDukeAnnieDuke
I'm trying to export my contacts from Salesforce to Outlook, how do I do that?
mcoinmcoin
The 15 person limit applies to private groups. A Sys Admin can create a public group with unlimited number of users. Hope this helps!