function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
davemaxgdavemaxg 

Anyone using VCS Smart Email for processing inbound email?

I'm trying to find information about how this app works in practice.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/apex/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ciJEAQ

We're on professional edition and the app information is unclear if it will work or not.  The App name implies that it won't work on professional edition, but the specs say otherwise.

I'm also a little skeptical that it's free.  It looks like a lot of development went into this product but why is it free and fully hosted on salesforce?  How does the publisher make money?

Message Edited by davemaxg on 04-16-2009 08:33 AM
mstev45mstev45
I have been using this app and it works great. We are using it on enterprise edition but if you look on the spec page for the app it states that it should work with proffesional edition. The app is completely free aswell and is very easy to install and setup within the salesforce environment. I Would highly recomend using this app.
danyelbdanyelb

We just installed VCS on our Professional instance and it works fine.

This is a really great add-on, it is free and the support from the VCS team is outstanding.

Go ahead and get it for your Pro instance, you won't regret it! 

RobBirdRobBird
Good morning! I am trying to create a validation rule where we are not able to send out an email if anything in the body is in the SSN format. Can anyone help?
HalehHaleh

We are looking for an easy way to forward Outlook Emails with many attachments sometimes large files to Salesforce Accounts/Contact/Opportunity/Leads/Etc.....

I am wondering if you are able to answer a few questions using the VCS Smart Email?

How are email attachments handled?
Are there size limitations for the attachments?
Are there size limitations for the email?
Are there # of attachment limitations?
Is there a limitation for the browser?
Can attachments be moved to Content?
Can attachments be moved to existing Account/Contact/Opportunity/Lead/Cases?

Can we attach to Custom Objects?

Any other limitations I should know about?

Thanks,

Haleh

MPayneMPayne

I am having trouble setting it up. When someone from within our company sends an email to another person in our company, it shows up in VCS email as the sent email only from the person who sent it, it does not show up in the inbox of the person who it was sent to.

JKubertJKubert
Anyone know how to trouble shoot this app? I am getting an error message when trying to forward an email to one of my users. See below:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

ccrep@x-2k46nw795cnrcj6n7txzrdjr1aa98b23y9kedccn3spn1n741c.a-izizmas.na11.apex.salesforce.com (Undelivered): 550 Address owner is inactive: ccrep@x-2k46nw795cnrcj6n7txzrdjr1aa98b23y9kedccn3spn1n741c.a-izizmas.na11.apex.salesforce.com