function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dereckdereck 

Salesforce for Outlook Crashes Outlook 2007

Let me give you some background to this first:

• I have 2 users out of 30 that have this problem.
  • All machines are created identical from images.
  • Only happens for a specific user of the machine.  Other users of the same machine do not exhibit the problem.
  • Re-installed the previous version of the add-in three times.
  • Re-installed the current version of the add-in three times.
  • Completely deleted the User's Windows profile and created a new one and it still exhibits the problem. 

The problem:

1.  Outlook 2007 will crash during the user setup wizard at outlook launch at the "Email Options" section of the wizard (a few steps into the wizard)

2. If you bypass the wizard and setup manually outlook with crash while viewing the "Email" tab in salesforce options.

rpochirajurpochiraju

I'm having the same problem with 2 users using Outlook 2003.  The plugin installed fine, but then when trying to configure the SalesForce options, both the Email tab and the User Permissions tab crash Outlook. 

An additional point is that when I uninstall the plugin for Outlook and reinstall it, I get this error:

Product: Salesforce Outlook Edition 3.2 -- Error 1904.Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\SftTree_IX86_U_50.ocx failed to register.  HRESULT -2147220473.  Contact your support personnel.

but regsvr32  C:\WINDOWS\system32\SftTree_IX86_U_50.ocx registers it just fine, so I don't know if that's actually an issue or not.

Did you come up with a solution to this problem?  Or does anyone know what's causing this?

carlacarla

Hi

This problem also happened when I integrate Outlook 2003 with the SF, giving the following error:
Error 1904. Module C: \ Windows \ system32 \ SftTree_IX86_U_50.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. contact your support personnel.

After these, I made the log into Outlook, and carried out successfully, but when going to the mapping of the fields, does not appear in any field map, appears empty.

someone can help me on this.

Best Regards
SheppdogSheppdog
I also have this problem.  Everyone ahead of me has described it well.  I hope someone posts a solution quickly.
SheppdogSheppdog

I have resolved my issue.  Here is what happened to me.

Install attempt 1:

- I tried installing the OE3 plugin by clicking on "Install Now"

- nothing seemed to happen

- when I opened outlook, I was not prompted by the Wizard

Install attempt 2:

- I tried installing the OE3 pluging by clicking on "Administrators, click here to download the MSI package"

- installer started but finished with a Error 1904 message.

- I opened outlook and was prompted by the Wizard

- Wizard crashed outlook on the Email setup page

Uninstall OE3:

- I successfully uninstalled OE3 plugin

Install attempt 3:

- I tried installing the OE3 plugin again from the "Install Now" button

- It appeared that nothing happened but I waited about 10 minutes this time

- I opened outlook and was prompted by the Wizard

- I successfully moved throught the Wizard and the plugin was successfully installed

I can't explain this but it is now working.

For the record I am using:

Outlook 2007 12.0.6504.500 SP2

IE 8.0.6001.18813

TedMTedM

I too installed and reinstalled the OE3 plugin several times. Before the final try, I turned off my Anti-Virus/Internet Security application, which happens to be Kaspersky Internet Security on my computer. The install completed fine and Outlook is no longer crashing.

Good luck!

Ted 

SteveSpikerSteveSpiker

After disabling all AV and wiping, reinstalling several times using either the .exe or the .msi version I still get Outlook 2007 crashes whne I try to open my Outlook Contacts folder. Running Office Sp2 patched up to date.

This is now holding up my ability to rollout the Outlook connector to the entire staff..

Any ideas? Cleaned registry, rebooted.. the usual.

drew007drew007

In windows 7,  I had to register the files as administrator (UAC was turned on)

Start> Computer> Local Disk (c:)> Windows> System32> Scroll down to CMD.exe, right click and 'Run as Administrator'

Then you can just regsvr32 SftTree_IX86_U_50.ocx