function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CmFCmF 

Outlook Connector Send and Add button keeps disappearing

I've installed Outlook Edition 3.2.5.13 into my Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (with service pack 3 installed).  Right after I start outlook, I write an email and click the Send and Add button to have the email attached to a contact in SF.  The email appears in SF correctly. 

The next time I write an email in Outlook, the Send and Add button is nowhere to be found.  I have to Send the email, go into my Sent Items folder, and use the Add Email button to attach the email to my SF contact.

If I shut down Outlook and restart it, the Send and Add button reappears.

I've read other comments in the blogs that the service pack 3 was the problem, but Outlook Edition 3 should have fixed the problem.

Is it still a problem?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
CmFCmF
We found the problem!  I had Microsoft OS Service Pack 3 installed, not the Office Service Pack 3.  I installed the correct service pack which updated my version of Outlook from version 2003 11.5608.5606 to version 2003 11.8169.8172 SP3.  Now the buttons are visible all the time.

All Answers

CmFCmF
We found the problem!  I had Microsoft OS Service Pack 3 installed, not the Office Service Pack 3.  I installed the correct service pack which updated my version of Outlook from version 2003 11.5608.5606 to version 2003 11.8169.8172 SP3.  Now the buttons are visible all the time.
This was selected as the best answer
andyhoopsandyhoops

Hi there - I see the solution has already been posted but I am on Outlook 2003 SP3 version 11.8206.8221 and I am seeing this problem.

The "Send and Add" button just does not appear - UNLESS I do the following

- Click 'Create new email'

- Bring the main outlook window to the front

- Click 'Create new email' again

The second email has the button about 50% of the time. Another email that is in the process of being composed has to be open. The first one doesn't have the button.

The first few emails created after opening Outlook are always fine. It starts happening on about the 5th or 6th new email. 

CmFCmF
AGHH!! You are right!  The first 4 emails I write show the Send and Add button.  But the 5th email has no button!  Why?  I will re-open my case and see if there are any answers.