function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MCPMCP 

Pick list/ lookups and related lists

Hi there, I'm trying to create a page with field selections coming from different tables.

On one page an end-user needs to select a customer/account from a drop-down list coming from Account or a custom table. There is another field, "contact" that should display a drop-down list of all contacts for that account and the end-user should select only one contact. I need to do the same thing for addresses.

Do you know how this can be done in Visual Force? Could I use "select" statement for the contact field based on the value of the customer field?

I will be needing at least 5 lookups from different custom tables in one page and I'm hoping this is possible in visual force. I appreciate any information you could provide. Thanks in advance.

MohanaGopalMohanaGopal

Hi...

If u got solution please post it...

I am also in the same situation... Here I am using cutom objects...  

And one more doubt is..

How to save those field value in corresponding objects  which is come from different objects...

That is when I click save I have to update values in 5 different custom objects...

Any one send sample code for it..

Ron HessRon Hess
These steps are documented in the visualforce documentation, look at the instructions to create a wizard, it has save to different objects.

with source code, honest.
MCPMCP

Thanks Ron. I read the documentation, the wizard code is not what I need unfortunately. The wizard shows how to create new account, opportunity and contact. What I need is to select from existing accounts then display the existing contacts associated to the selected account in one page. Let me know if you were able to do this. Thanks!

Scenic SunriseScenic Sunrise
Hi - I could use help on this same or similar issue. I'm hoping to create a dependent picklist based on an external table which could be stored as a custom object. Is there a way to do that?