function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lnryanlnryan 

Sandbox inexplicably lost VF Pages and related Component Classes

We've encountered an odd situation in our sandbox; it appears to have reverted back to a previous version (from 8/12/08 shortly before our refresh). We've contact basic support about this and the issue has been escalated, but I wanted to outline the scenario in detail in case others have encountered it as well and can provide some insight (any would be appreciated!)

We refreshed it about a week ago and since then my colleague Andy has been working in it on a daily basis. Simultaneously i've been regularly logging to both the Sandbox and the Production environments. This morning Andy logged in to discover that the Visualforce Pages and Apex Classes we implemented several months ago in our live environment (through a different sandbox) were no longer in the current sandbox. Upon investigation, we discovered that all our recent usage stats (from 8/12/08 through this morning) had disappeared along with the recent changes.

Customer support indicated that the sandbox automatically refreshes every 29 days; however, all available evidence excludes this possibility:
  • Sandbox does not reflect elements and structure currently live in Production Environment
  • Sandbox does not reflect recent usage in Production Environment
  • Sandbox reverted to expired trial full sandbox after  having reverted to developer (apex-only) sandbox in our most-recent deliberate refresh (not that we mind that change :smileywink:)
Does this scenario involve a known bug? Has anyone else experienced a similar sudden change in their sandboxes?
jonathanrico.jonathanrico.
I'm also having a lot of troubles with my sandbox environment since yesterday!
A lot of unusual behavior is going on, could someone explain what is happening?
dchasmandchasman
How do you edit your VF pages and Apex code? Do you use the Force.com Eclipse plugin?
jonathanrico.jonathanrico.
Yes, using Force.com Eclipse plugin.
AKallAKall
Yes, we use eclipse.
However, these features were originally developed in and deployed from a different sandbox, which no longer exists.
I think I deployed them to production via the appexchange because that was several months ago, which was before I used eclipse.

gmartingmartin
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Sandbox.

Sandbox does not automatically refresh after 30 days, it only refreshes when you choose to refresh.  You do this by logging into your production organization, navigating the Setup | Data Management | Sandbox, and pressing 'Refresh' beside the relevant sandbox.

I'm not certain what has happened in your case. I've sent you a message requesting you email me the support case # so I can look into it.

glen