function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MelliottMelliott 

Help - Beginner with Visual Force Here

I have the basic page created.  However, I need to look up a value and return the results in a table.  How do I do that.  I have the look up but it doesn't do anything.

Also I saw at a success tour where they turn off the tabs by changing one value, how do I do that.

Much appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Melissa Elliott
The Schumacher Group
canonwcanonw
Checkout this document at http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Documentation#Visualforce.  It's going to help you out.

Code:
<apex:page ... showHeader="false">
</apex:page>

The document also listed other attibutes (P.150 in the PDF)
ChrisGountanisChrisGountanis
The sample applications in the VF documentation are great but they do not really touch on creating your own SOQL with results. It would be nice to have a next level past copy/paste examples. Is there a good book available or anything?
WesGrayWesGray
>Is there a good book available or anything?

Did you see the Cookbook?  It has an example of returning the results of a select from a custom controller and displaying them in a VF page.  It's under the section "Building a Table of Data in a Visualforce Page".  It is kind of a limited example though, and it took me a lot of trial and error to figure out how to let the user enter some search criteria and then display a set of matching records.
ChrisGountanisChrisGountanis
Most project there is not much time to dink around with incomplete examples but I will read through the book again and go through the examples to get a better understanding during my down time.

Thanks!