function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gireeshzgireeshz 

Formatting currency fields in Multi-curency app

Hi,

I am using the OpportunityLineItem.TotalPrice field in one of my VisualForce pages with the Standard 'Opportunity' controller.  We are preparing a sort of quote document with the line items and amounts from an Opportunity.  I am using the 'outputField' tag to show this field.  Simplified version of the page code below:

Code:
<apex:dataTable value="{!opportunity.OpportunityLineItems}" var="Item" width="675" rules="all" cellPadding="6" styleClass="data" columnClasses="info_bottom_1, info_bottom_2, info_bottom_3, info_bottom_4">
            <apex:column>
                 <apex:outputField value="{!Item.TotalPrice}"/>
            </apex:column>
   </apex:dataTable>

Since our organization has multi-currency turned on, the values coming from the 'TotalPrice' field have the ISO code as well as the value, and do not have a Currency Symbol.  For example, this is shown as:

USD 47,250.00

However, we would like to show this value as:

$47,250.00

Is there some way to have Salesforce return the value in this format?   Can this be done across currencies ?

Or, does someone have a good suggestion for doing a sort of  'replace' function so that I can replace the ISO code with the currency symbol for our currencies??

Many thanks for any ideas.
sgoremasgorema
Hi, just checking to see if you have found a solution for this? I am having the same issue and cant figure out how to get the field formatted correctly. thanks!
gireeshzgireeshz
Sadly, no.   I have not found a good answer for this.    perhaps you can re-post this question and link to this original thread, sometimes getting a question back on the front page will get it another look.

good luck to us...
Adam EdellAdam Edell
Apparently, in the Summer '15 release, Salesforce addressed this issue, but I cannot find the "Currency Settings" they are talking about anywhere?

http://docs.releasenotes.salesforce.com/en-us/summer15/release-notes/rn_forcecom_globalization_multicurrency.htm

Display Currency Symbols in Multi-Currency Organizations with Only One CurrencyChoose whether to use ISO codes or currency symbols in organizations that have multiple currencies enabled but are using only one currency. Organizations with multiple currencies enabled see ISO codes instead of currency symbols. However, if you have only one currency in your multi-currency organization, you can set a preference to display currency symbols.

Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com Editions

To display currency symbols, search Setup for User Interface, and then select Show currency symbols instead of ISO codes in the Currency Display Settings section of the User Interface settings page. If you later enable more currencies in your organization, ISO codes display and this preference are no longer available. This preference applies only in the standard Salesforce user interface.

Where is this setting? Help!