function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mr209204mr209204 

Visual Force 1 form data input into 2+ Objects

I'm new to using visual force and well saleforce altogether.

My goal is to create a form, through visual force, that inputs data into multiple objects. I've only been able to do this for one object only.

Links to tutorials or other help is greatly appreciated. I have the cook book and am having trouble understanding what it is telling me in chapter 13, which is the section on Visual Force.

Thanks,
Mitch.
mr209204mr209204
Ok so this is what i have so far.

2 objects. Household and Contacts.

A simple form with Household Name and Household Addressee in one section and First Name, Last Name and Phone in the second section.

A save button.

Now when i enter data and **bleep** save I get an error that says

Illegal view ID (!save). The ID must begin with /

whats this mean?
jwetzlerjwetzler
What does your save() method look like?  You're not using the standardController are you?
mr209204mr209204
Any direction on where I can go about learning how to use/create/view examples of a standardController that will help me solve me problem?
jwetzlerjwetzler
The Visualforce Dev Guide has entire sections on creating a page with standard controllers and custom controllers/extensions.  You can use the standardController when you want to manipulate one object, but if you want to update more than that you'll probably have to drop into an Apex extension.  The dev guide and cookbook should help you with the basics.