function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MindenManMindenMan 

Mail Merge in Word using Opportunities and Contract

Hi all;

Very new to SalesForce but recent convert from Dynamics CRM.

I'm trying to create a contract document that includes products sold to a customer from a "won" Opportunity.

I'm not sure if it is even possible but I'm looking to bring into the one document items such as Company name/address etc, opportunity line items and products, contract number/start date/end date etc.

The first two (company and opportunity/product) I can do out of the box using the Office connector and running the merge on the Opportunity object. But I'm unable to bring in the contract information unless I run the merge from Contracts and then I lose the opportunity line items and products.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MM

RD7408RD7408

Not certain if this helps, but take a look at the two page help for Connect for Word:

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_office_edition_cheatsheet.pdf

We have a confirmation form that I have created using the connector for Word it has the products and the account information, which are from different tables.

Hope this helps.

JakesterJakester
If you can't find a way to do it in Salesforce, may I highly recommend the excellent CongaMerge by AppExtremes. It is incredibly inexpensive, offers fantastic customer service, and can definitely do this. I'm just a very satisfied customer - no direct ties to them.