function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HighlancerHighlancer 

Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'salesfore.com outlook edition enhanced' add-in.

This is happening all too frequently, e.g. twice already today.    Has anyone found a resolution to these types of problems?

Thanks!

jflatlandjflatland
We are also experiencing this problem repeatedly. If anyone has a solution we would love to hear it too.
mark_pamark_pa
Just about everyone in our organization is experiencing this issue as well. Please fix SalesForce!
adminullicoadminullico

This is also happening more and more frequently in our organization and there doesn't seem to be a fix with salesforce?
Has anyone isolated /fixed this issue? Is salesforce working on this?

dmchengdmcheng
I am also seeing this problem, just making an entry here for information purposes.  I have Outlook 2007 SP2 running XP Pro SP3 the latest Outlook connector.  Has anyone opened a tech support case, and what did they say?
LissetLisset

Our users are also having the same problem. Vista Business & Outlook 2007. Is there an update on this? 

We just installed SF and it doesn't look good when something keeps crashing... not good for user adoption and trust in the system. 

Screencap below:

SteveSpikerSteveSpiker

Same problems here, Outlook 2007 Sp2 on XP Sp3. Crashes when you try to open Contacts folder in Outlook. Almost every time. Super unstable and prevents us from full SF adoption.

I've had this problem on my machine for about 6 months during testing and hoped the new connector would fix it each time, but no.

BänzBänz
Same here. Vista 64bit, Office 2007.
SteveSpikerSteveSpiker

Solution:

Right click on My Computer and select Properties

Select the ADVANCED tab

Click on SETTINGS

Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab

Add Microsoft Outlook to the list of programs exempted.

Done.

The short term workaround is to disable visual indicators in Outlook in the Salesforce Options, but you lose the colored symbols on your contact records and that sucks.

I cannot guarantee systenm security with this fix but it is the solution that we worked out with Salesforce support.

phonegalphonegal

I'm also having this problem with some of my users.  Has this issue been resolved?  If so, what do I need to do?

Thank you!

PhilipTPhilipT

OK guys, this is now March 2012: I am a new user, trying Salesforec for the first time. And guess what? I get this same message. Windows 7, 64 bit. Office and Outlook 2010.

This seems to be an ongoing issue.

I'm not impressed by the Support: it's almost impossible to find thei phone number, and when you do, they're too busy with support calls to speak to me. So they play me some nice, soothing music while I wait... nearly ten minutes... Is it that unreliable?  ;o)

I think I'll hang up.

Has anyone found a fix for this problem please?

Help!!!

ElkayElkay

October 2012.  My outlook keeps crashing due to the Salesforce.com Outlook Edition Enhanced Add-in.  Is there a newer version of Salesforce to Outlook that has corrected this issue.  Not sure if this is related, but when I disable the add-in my emails will not sync into Salesforce from my Outlook.  I am running Windows 7 Professional, Outlook 2010, and Salesforce for Outlook version 1.7.102.  Please Help!

Madman905Madman905

Same problems here with Outlook.  Windows 7 64bit Office 2010.  My partner is having the same problem so we'ver basically given up on using outlook.  I'm not happy!