function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MrBelloMrBello 

Outlook Calendar Sync Problem: Multi-Day appointments error out during sync

Gentleman,

I'm have deployed outlook sync in our desktops and works fine. However I was approached by a user who created in outlook calendar a multi-day appoinment (the start and end date cross days)

well. that appointment will not sync trowing a generic invalid record error. All other single-day calendar entries sync fine.

Can anyone help in this regard?

Thanks in advance

F. Bello

jmullinaxjmullinax

We are having the same issue, did you ever receive a solution for this?  did you place a case with SFDC yet?

AldoZAldoZ

Recurring appointments are not supported by the current Outlook plug-in for SFDC.  If you need to sync recurring Outlook/Exchange appointments to Salesforce, check out our Salesforce Certified Riva Integration Server product.

http://www.omni-ts.com/crm-integration/
http://www.omni-ts.com/crm-integration/salesforce.html

Because Riva provides transparent server-side synchronization directly between Salesforce and Exchange, there are no Outlook plug-in dependencies.  Riva provides support for recurring appointments and full integration with all Exchange clients running on all desktop or mobile operating systems including Outlook, Outlook Web Access, Terminal Services, Mac Entourage, Mac OS X Mail, iCal, Address Book, BlackBerry, iPhone and ActiveSync mobile devices.

Best regards,

Aldo Zanoni
CEO, Managing Director
Omni Technology Solutions, Inc.
www.omni-ts.com

B_KB_K

It's the multi-day calendar entry in outlook, not the recurring entry, that SaelsForce does not seem to synch with Outlook.  This is frustrating because you send an invite to someone, they accept it, and then it will not synch in with salesforce.  The only answer I can find is to create multiple daily events/appointments but that seems inefficient.  does anyone know if there is a way to get SF to synch multiple day entries that are already in my calendar?  (I have lots of them.)

Thanks!