function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JenniferMJoyJenniferMJoy 

Using Salesforce for Email (Replacing Outlook)?

Is it possible to get rid of Outlook and use only Salesforce for emailing/scheduling/contacts? Is there an app or a plug-in that I would need to simulate an email interface?

We already have marketing automation and mass email tools, but I am interested in finding out if its possible to solely use Salesforce for any and all emailing.  Does Salesforce have this capability?

If not, what other routes exist outside of using Outlook or Entourage? I am looking for something in the 'cloud' so that all of our information isn't stored on desktops.

ndunnndunn

Jennifer,

I'm not sure it's possible/feasible to replace a "typical" e-mail program with Salesforce, simply because there are so many non-customer-related e-mails that go around within a workplace.

If you're looking something web-based to replace Outlook, I would recommend using Gmail's services, which integrate very tightly with Salesforce.

Help-Me-Help-UHelp-Me-Help-U

Instead of forcing our employees to use a single email client, we decided to allow people to use their favorite email client (Most users use Outlook, Mac or Gmail along with Blackberry and iPhone).  We then gave all users access to ihance Absolut Automation www.ihance.com which logs all emails to SFDC and creates new contract records automatically.  A huge time saver for us.  Very cool app.  

LP360LP360

Hi Jennifer,

LinkPoint Vueis a CRM Adoption and Productivity tool for Outlook. LinkPoint Vue presents Salesforce.com data inside Outlook to simplify how users view, update and access their Salesforce information.

By presenting the CRM data within Outlook, users have immediate access to all the information related to the emails they send and receive. From there they can act upon the data with a single mouse-click and perform any variety of CRM functions directly inside Outlook.

http://www.linkpoint360.com/VueOverviewSFDC.aspx