function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SherriASherriA 

Performance issues in Lotus Notes 8.5 when SF connector is installed

We just upgraded our entire sales organization from Notes 6.5 to Notes 8.5.  We waited until there was a version of Connect for Lotus Notes that worked with this version of notes.  Users are experiencing severe performance issues in Notes when Connect is installed - delays opening email, flickering hour glass for extended periods of time, and overall slow performance.  When the connector is uninstalled performance improves significantly, so it seems that the plug in is the cause of the issues.  

Is this a known issue?  Is there a workaround?  A setting I should check?  SF tech support suggested uninstalling Lotus Notes (yeah, that's helpful) and could offer no further assistance.   I have very unhappy end users!

Al NgAl Ng

We ran into the same problem with our 8.5 Lotus users - hanging up, performance issues, etc.  I called support and they told me the same thing - uninstall, etc and that didn't work.  It was bumped up to level 2 support and here was the response:

"I discussed this issue with my product manager and found out that they’ve already opened an internal ticket to track this issue. Unfortunately, the private build that we installed on Friday to test this behavior, is not fully tested by our QA and we do not recommend implementing it at this time. This issue is scheduled to be addressed in the near future.

I will monitor the status of this ticket and will update you once a patch or a newer version of the plug-in is released

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. Let me know if you have any questions."

The patch may be released for Summer 10, which does me no good as I have a number of unhappy end users.

mannelnmanneln

We have experienced similar issues.  Now, most Notes clients with the Connector installed will crash when a user tries to sync.  Other clients will not start up at all once the Connector is installed.  We were able to get some users working by switching from the standard configuration to the basic configuration.  You can test this by passing a "-sa" parameter on your startup command for Notes.  Our current plan is to delay Notes Connector rollout because of stability concerns.